Saturday 11 January 2020

Congregational Bible Experience Day #10: Matthew 26-28

Congregational Bible Experience Day #10
Bible Reading: Matthew 26-28

When I survey the wondrous cross
On which the Prince of Glory died,
My richest gain I count but loss
And pour contempt on all my pride.




Today's Bible Reading concludes Matthew's Gospel with the ultimate climax of all stories: the death and resurrection of Jesus.  No notes today. Just an encouragement that you would prayerfully read the chapters, perhaps using the words of the following hymn that some of you might remember from a bygone age:

Give me a sight, O Saviour,
Of Your wondrous love to me,
Of the love that brought You down to earth,
To die on Calvary.

O make me understand it.
Help me to take it in,
What it meant to You, the Holy One,
to bear away my sin.

Was it the nails, O Saviour,
that bound You to the tree?
No, 'twas Your everlasting love,
Your love for me, for me.

O wonder of all wonders,
That through Your death for me
My open sins, my secret sins,
Can all forgiven be!

Then melt my heart, O Saviour,
Bend me, yes, break me down,
Until I own You conqueror,
And Lord and Sovereign crown.

                                     Katherine Agnes May Kelly, 1868 - 1942

No comments: