Wednesday 17 April 2013

My Peace I leave with you, but not as the world gives...












HT: BW
It's a painful truth, but we all want to be the King of the Jungle, the Master of the Universe, and the Captain of our souls. We want the world, and everyone in it, to revolve around us. We want peace on our terms, but it will never come.

Jesus said: "Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid." John 14:27

True peace in life is found in submitting our lives to Christ, not in trying to be our own gods (Genesis 3). Jesus' peace comes, not despite of the horror of the cross, but because of His victory won on the cross over our sinful rebellion and self-assertion. 
It's the only way.

No comments: